Back at Ramblin Pines

It's that time of year again.  The Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival was May 5th and 6th this year and as has become our routine we took the camper out to Ramblin Pines Campground for our shakedown cruise.  We had just finished the bulk of the work on our bedroom remodel so we got to test out the new sleeping arrangements and the wife got to go to Sheep & Wool.

The campground is in Woodbine Maryland, which isn't very far from where Sheep & Wool is held so it's a much easier commute to and from the event.  and since we come at the event from the opposite side as 99.99% of everyone else it makes the trip a lot faster.

Since last season one of our dogs passed away, and my normal dog sitter was sick so we decided to take Belle with us.  Since she's become the only dog in the house she seems a lot more laid back, so we felt that it wouldn't be too stressful to take her.

She's getting a little grey around the mouth, but she still loves to fetch the ball.  We decided to leave after work on Friday.  After our misadventure last year we tried to make sure that we had everything by going out to the camper Thursday and going through the routines to ensure everything that we needed got back into the camper.  The propane bottle for the Coleman stove seemed to have gone missing, but I would have time to pick up new ones Saturday while the wife was at Sheep & Wool.

Even though we did a dry run, I managed to forget some things.  I'm getting really good at that.

The site this time was very close to the office, yet I had worse WiFi than I did last time.  I honestly think they shut the WiFi down at 7pm.

This particular stretch of sites is in the open, so no shade.  That wasn't an issue since it ALWAYS rains the weekend of Sheep & Wool so it's usually overcast.

The new sleeping arrangements worked out really well.  We ended up with more space between the beds then we expected, but there was more bumping into the metal window blinds than we accounted for.  Those are going to be replaced at some point, so it's not a long term problem.

The view from the site wasn't bad.  The road, being a dead end, didn't have much traffic so it was pretty peaceful.

My only pain point with Ramblin Pines is that I fill out the web form for a reservation, and then they send me an email saying they have a site (or not if they don't I suppose) and then I have to call them to make the reservation.  I should just call them, but I always forget since we only stay there once a year.

The gate closes at 8pm, so you need a pass if you plan to be out after that.  The pass requires a $40 cash deposit.  We didn't have one last year and went to dinner with friends, returning late.  Luckily someone was there who could buzz us in.  This time we grabbed the pass.  I've decided to keep additional cash in the truck for these sorts of things when we take the RV out for longer trips.

Overall I'd give Ramblin Pines a 3 out of 5 stars, if I gave out stars.  The sites are usually really well maintained and it's a nice campground to walk around.  They have a nice doggie play area, plenty of shade, and the staff has always been super nice.

Until next time, keep RVing!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Campground Report - Bethany Beach Training Site

Bedroom Remodel

Bedroom Remodel