Remodeling the Bedroom

When we got our travel trailer it had signs of some water damage up front in the bedroom.  There had been a leak, but the previous owner had gotten it fixed before they traded it in for their new travel trailer.

My wife and I have started to sleep in separate beds so that we both get better sleep.  When we go camping, this presented a problem since the trailer has a Queen bed.  We're not keen on setting up the dinette as a bed and tearing it down every day, so we set our minds to remodeling the bedroom.

I poked around the internet and found some projects other RV campers have done that were along the same lines.  After jotting down some ideas and showing them to the wife we settled on a plan.

Next step was demo.  We decided to pull the over bed cabinets as well and repair the ceiling, since the damage was inside the cabinets.  This might also be an opportunity for me to run the wiring for my solar panels, since I had planned to bring those cables through the cabinet and down to the forward storage compartment.  Now that I will have the cabinets out of the way that project might get moved up on the list.

Unfortunately I'm not a very blog conscious person yet.  I didn't film or take any photos of the demo process.  I hope to get batter at that sort of thing as time goes by, since this is both a written and visual medium.

So now that I have this empty space I need to formulate a plan for building out what will be a set of twin beds with under bed storage.  Decide if I want to run the cables for my solar panels down or wait.  Remove the carpet.  Easy.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.  Hopefully  with pictures and stuff.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Campground Report - Bethany Beach Training Site

Bedroom Remodel

RV Shopping Part 1