Camping trip....but tires first

The Lovely Wife and I had planned to take a trip to the ocean as they say here in Maryland.  The trip began the night before by picking up the camper from storage and bringing it back home.

The next morning we were loading up and the wife noticed that there looked to be some tread pulling away on some of the tires.  By some, we mean all four to various degrees.


The trip wasn't supposed to be terribly long, but long enough that these tires presented a problem.  It was Friday morning.  I called a few places that did RV service and no one was going to be able to help me.  One of them recommended a tire place in Glen Burnie.  Gillette Tire Distributors.

I gave them a call and they said they could take me whenever I got there.  So we loaded up and headed over.  They had to finish up working on a big rig trailer but got to us and replaced all four tires in under an hour.  I was also pleasantly surprised by the price.



New tires in place we headed out.  I had originally conceived of this trip as being a four hour drive avoiding the Bay Bridge.  I have a bit of a discomfort level with bridges and driving over them is a little hard for me.  Add the trailer to the truck and it gets worse.  The Bay Bridge is a bit steep, and often has wind advisories.  So I was going to go around that.

Instead of crossing one bridge, we ended up crossing five.  Lesson learned.  The way back we drove across the Bay Bridge, because there was a Cracker Barrel just our side of the bridge and we wanted to stop there for lunch.  Much easier.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Campground Report - Bethany Beach Training Site

Bedroom Remodel

Bedroom Remodel